1:00PM - 2:00PM CT
The sales tax implications of adding a third party through drop shipments and sales through distribution centers are a major source of confusion for companies that sell into multiple states. This is even truer in the wake of court cases like South Dakota c. Wayfair and South Carolina v. Amazon. Remote sellers and drop shippers of all sizes must navigate a complex set of rules to determine whether they're obligated to collect and remit sale tax in states. Join Marilyn and IPT for this live webinar that will provide guidance on managing these sales tax issues.
- Recognize how recent cases such as South Carolina v. Amazon and South Dakota v. Wayfair have changed the sales tax obligations
- Evaluate the facts to determine who is the seller and analyze the differences across jurisdictions
- Determine when using a third party triggers sales tax nexus
- Describe how exempt sales play a role in determining sales tax nexus
The cost of the webinar is $50 for members and $75 for individuals who do not hold an IPT membership. Individuals must be registered, logged in separately, and answer attendance questions during the session to receive credit for the webinar.
Participants can earn 1.2 CPE credits in Taxes. CMIs and CCIPs will receive 1.2 hours toward renewing their designation. Register for the event here.
- Basic Familiarity with Sales Tax
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
- Delivery Method: Group Internet Based