10:05AM - 10:55AM, 11:00AM - 11:50AM
This 2-part presentation presented by Jordan M. Goodman, will get the audience up to date on recent state and local tax cases and statutory changes that will affect their client's business.
- Examine when a state can impose its taxing jurisdiction on an out-of-state business and what taxpayers can do to protect themselves;
- Learn the latest in apportionment issues, paying particular attention to sourcing of sale other than tangible personal property, including cost of performance, market-based sourcing and alternative apportionment;
- Examine the latest in retroactive law changes and how best businesses can avoid historical liability;
- Explore the latest in qui tam and class actions that are becoming popular by non-tax enforcers;
- Examine the latest in transaction taxes both from a nexus and sit using perspective;
- Look at ways to comply with state law and hopefully avoid double taxation and;
- Finally, the latest in audit developments and how best to prepare our clients for the more aggressive state audits.