Cannabis cultivation is an industry with great economic promise, but the potential environmental cost of Illinois’ most recent economic boon needs to be acknowledged.
Join David S. Ruskin and James M. Jennings (Illinois Environmental Protection Agency), Cary J. Shepherd (Bluhm Legal Clinic, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law) and Kaitlin Urso (Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment) for this in-depth look at the toll this industry may take on the environment and how you can advise your clients on this hot topic issue. Attorneys with all levels of practice experience who attend this online program will better understand:
- How Illinois’ enabling legislation addressed energy usage, water usage, and solid waste concerns;
- The current status of the cannabis industry in Illinois, as well as the immediate outlook for its growth;
- How the cannabis industry may impact Illinois’ environment;
- How other states have addressed the odor air pollution occurring from cannabis cultivation;
- What the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency anticipates in regard to the growing cannabis industry;
- And much more.
The seminar is presented by the ISBA Environmental Law Section and qualifies for 1.50 hours MCLE credit.